Cheer Up With...a dance party for one!

Wanna know one of my secrets for keeping chronic pain sadness or depression at bay?

Dance parties. For real. At least once a week, I put on a playlist that's at least 50 minutes long, and I just go nuts. One of my dreams is to host a depression-fighting dance class once a week for people who can't or don't want to speak. It'll be a silent dance party for people with chronic pain.

You wouldn't even have to do the moves right, you could modify them for whatever your specific pain is. Imagine it, a room full of wonkys just like me getting down, letting loose and not having to explain to anyone why they're not talking to them or why their shoulders are all hunched or whatever.

Oh, and there would be no regular attendance required. Nobody would shame you if you missed a class. Or half the classes. Or all of them but one. Because as those of us with chronic pain know, you never know what day you'll wake up with a migraine or a full-body charlie horse, or, or, or...

(Does that keep anyone else for signing up for things or making committments? Just me?) Some days, I'm in too much pain for this. But other days...

                      via GIPHY

Comments

Popular Posts