Tony Robbins Pure Energy Challenge - Starting Over

I keep thinking of the reset button from my
Super NES growing up.
On my first two days of the Tony Robbins Pure Energy Challenge, I felt pretty awesome. I was eating all fruits and vegetables. I was abiding by time of day guidelines and eating protein, fat and carbs in specific intentional combinations. I switched from two to three cups of coffee to half a serving of espresso each day.

I was only taking the one prescription migraine blocker my doctor said to stay on no matter what, but cut out all other medications, even over the counter stuff. I was drinking my recommended amount of water, ramping up on the breathing exercises and sticking to my aerobic exercise routine.

And then it was date night. My husband and I headed out for some light cocktails on Friday. I did some quick and lazy research on what the healthiest options are for drinking if you feel you must indulge. But to be clear, the healthiest option is abstaining from alcohol. It's basically poison.

My husband and I both stuck to neat liquor in small servings at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar here in Orlando. But the next morning, we were headed to the Farmer's Market early and I wanted toast and coffee for breakfast. And my face hurt terribly from chatting the night away with my fabulous husband. So I also had to take my standard round of three ibuprofen and one muscle relaxer for my poor face. Because I couldn't chew anything, I chose soft pasta for dinner because I hadn't made other plans. Pasta was easy and I was hungry. So it was carbs and acidic coffee all day.

I'm learning as a vegan, as someone trying to cut out sugar and as someone who needs to stay on a soft diet that planning is everything when it comes to preventing pain and eating healthy.

So guess what today is? The new Day 1. My intention this time is not to amorphously "do better". My intention is to do the full ten day plan, completing every step of the process each day. I'm also keeping track of my weight via the MyFitnessPal app. (They aren't paying me to say that, I've just been using the free version since 2013 and find it convenient.)

One of the most-quoted Michael Caine movie moments in our house (yeah...there are multiple) is from Batman Begins. When he asks, "Why do we fall?" then replies...


Cheesy, but true. This body is a blessing and I only get one. Time to do better. I can feel sorry for myself because I'm in chronic pain or I can use my pain as fuel to do better for my family and myself. I choose the latter.

Comments

Popular Posts