I Just Learned the Term "Spoonie", and...

...I'm crying. I feel so understood! Here is where the term originated.

It's the main reason why I started this website. It's why I struggle so much with the question, "How are you feeling?" or, "How are you doing?"

For a couple years, I was pretty sure I could "get rid" of this TMD. Even though all the cartilage on the left side of my jaw is gone. I think they call that "denial".

To discover an entire community and a word to describe that feeling? As Blanche Deveraux would say, "I'm stunned. I'm just stunned."

I started looking around on instagram using the hashtags "migraine" and "tmj" to try to find people like me and I kept noticing the word "spoonie" on a ton of posts. So I Googled it not five minutes ago, and bam!

So hello to my fellow spoonies! Hello to my people suffering with Acute TMD! The thing most people think is "not that big of a deal". Hello to my fellow migraine sufferers. The thing most people think is "just a headache".

Hello out there!!! I know how to find you now!

Comments

Popular Posts